Vintage. Eclectic. Repurposed.

2 DIY Signs From Recycled Timber

Hi friends, I'm really excited to show you my two diy signs that I made from recycled timber. I love recycled wood or reclaimed wood because no trees had to be cut down again depleting our natural habitats. Anyway I decided to make two because there are two things that I love and that's the beach and vintage style.

Here in Australia it's winter. I do not like winter! I'm seriously waiting for spring to feel alive again! Therefore my first sign is about the beach.

Even if it isn't summer I can at least create something that is summery.
I started off by painting the wood a green/blue colour. While I was waiting for that to dry I picked out some shells from my collection to decorate the sign with.

I decided to stencil the word beach with an old stencil I had. I really need to get some new stencils with larger letters.

When I'd completed the stenciling I added some rope to the back with cement glue. This glue sticks anything! I believe it's one of Martha Stewart's secrets, so how could I go wrong?!

One sign completed!



Beach style sign






The next sign I painted in a creamy white chalk paint which I made adding a small amount of ochre to white.

I had some faux flowers already in my supplies. They're a creamy colour with green leaves and matched perfectly.

For this sign I decided to write welcome and hang it just inside my doorway. I actually ended up using some stick on letters that I had. Roll on new stencils!

Instead of rope I used a type of hessian (burlap) ribbon. I felt it was more in keeping with the vintage style that I was after  








Vintage style sign



If you have any questions or comments I would love to hear from you. Have a wonderful week, until next time 

No comments

Post a Comment

I would love to read your comments, so please share

Blogger Template Created by pipdig